Earlier this evening, I was sitting in a Starbucks cafe on the west side of one of Los Angeles' more affluent neighborhoods. A young orthodox Jewish man walked in to inquire about an oversized Menorah that was missing outside near the parking area.
I distinctly remember seeing it there yesterday and since the beginning of Hanukkah. Apparently, someone stole it sometime between yesterday evening and today. Myself and some of the Starbucks' patrons and employees reacted with shock and disbelief.
Shortly thereafter, two female barristas took out the trash and returned to report that the missing menorah had been dumped in the trash. The thought of such made me very angry and almost sick to my stomach, thus prompting me to ask out loud "WTF is wrong with people in this country and is this someone's asinine idea of "Making America Great Again"?
For the record, I'm not not Jewish, but am equally and justifiably outraged that someone would do such a thing. Before perseverating any further with this rant, I also wish to state that I am not blaming or attributing this hate crime (for that is what it is) to PEOTUS Trump and his incoming administration and nor am I projecting my anger towards them. However, if there emerges an increasing pattern of these types of fascist/racist incidents across our nation, then it is my hope that they will step up and speak out against this behavior.
You see here's the deal: As good standing citizens and real Americans (and not AmeriKKKans), we should all be outraged at expressions of bigotry and racial hatred. Otherwise, our silence makes us an accomplice. To be fair, idiots exists on both sides of the political spectrum, i.e. red or blue state sympathizers.
Let's be more vocal about this type of BS. This is not Fake News. This shit is real and it needs to stop NOW!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment