Monday, January 2, 2017

Alternative Workouts for Sustainable Health Habits in the 2017 New Year

image of red kettle bell
So, the New Year is here and many have probably made health related resolutions or goals. Fast forward a month later and some will have fallen by the wayside. I always say that it's better to do a little bit of something on a daily or regularly frequent basis than to do a lot of something for a short period and then quit.

May I suggest a different approach to training (which I have been doing for quite a number of years now)? To illustrate my point, I share a video from Jurij Vysjegorodskij, the Russian beast from the East. (I thought of making my own workout video, but I don't want to seem like I'm showing off.)


Anyway, the method of training I use is quite similar, i.e. very intense with no rest or very little as I like to keep it moving. On days when pressed for time, I'll simply do a 1-circuit routine for @ 12-15 minutes, depending upon the # of exercises in the workout. Otherwise, I typically do at least 2-3 circuits like this. On weekends or holidays that afford more time, I do 4-5 circuits. At that point, the workout becomes purely mental and an out-of-the-body experience.

I've visited Russia before, i.e. stayed there and trained @ 2 months. In the US, I've trained with a few Russian fighters and weight lifters too over the years as well. While I'm not a big fan of Pooty-Face, I do admire Russian athletes as they tend to be very focused and highly disciplined. Plus, when it comes to mental toughness, few can match them. They truly possess strong warrior spirits.

Before I lose some of you, I should get to my point. If you do a workout like the one I am sharing today, you will not need a gym or so much time at the gym if you do go. The real goal is to be still doing this at the beginning of 2018 instead of making another health & fitness resolution to yourself. Get it?

So, try this out and substitute or create whatever exercises you choose that work best for your own individual body, due to injuries, preferences, etc. Go for it and enjoy... I'm getting ready to go into beast mode myself and visit Kettle Bell Hell, as I like to call it.

Cheers and much success achieving all of your goals for the New Year in 2017...


No comments:

Post a Comment